There are been numerous news reports around the country on how Americans are selling valuable items to pawn shops and reaping lots of cash. For instance, it was just reported that a Willie Mays uniform from 1961 just earned a sports memorabilia collector $31,000 richer when he sold it on the hit TV series Pawn Stars. There are others who sell Rolex watches for thousands of dollars, profit from gold jewelry left from generations past, or cash in on rare antiques.
The following is a sure formula for selling valuable items to high end pawn shops for top dollar:
- History pays – As exhibited by the man who recently sold Willie Mays’ 61’ jersey, the greater the history behind a particular item, the more a pawn broker is willing to pay. Before attempting to sell a piece of jewelry or valuable watch, extensive research should be done to prove its worth. For example, if trying to sell Rolex, the particular watch reference number must be investigated and its significance revealed. The rarer and more history rich an item, the more money it will probably garner. Thanks to the Internet, there are numerous resources out there for discovering the history behind most anything under the sun. There are also experts that spend their lives researching watches, jewelry, antiques, electronics and used cars. Reach out to a certified expert for their valued opinion.
- Authenticity is essential Before attempting to sell an item, make sure that it is authentic and be able to provide proof. Certificates of authenticity, product stamps, original boxes, and serial numbers often come in very handy. When in question as to authenticity, consult an expert who can find identifying marks/features as proof.
- Determine market value – Most items that are bought and sold across the land have market values that are a result of consumer demand. When selling a watch, piece of jewelry, antique, or other item to a pawn broker, it is vital that you know its market value. This way it is possible to know exactly how much cash should be earned. Never be afraid to walk away from a pawnshop if the right price isn’t offered.
- Only work with pawn shops with good reputations – As you seek out the right pawn for selling a valuable object, it is important to find a broker that is licensed, truthful, and offers top quality service. It is also recommended that you seek out a specialist for the particular product you are trying to sell. For example, some pawn shops specialize in purchasing antiques, others in Rolex watches and jewelry, and some in precious metals. Seek out the best match for your specific need.
There has never been a better time to sell jewelry, Rolex watches, valuable antiques, gold, and other valuable commodities to pawn dealers. With a bit of research and unlimited persistence, it is possible to earn a significant amount of cash in a short amount of time.
Posted in Pawn Shop
at August 23rd, 2012. Comments Off on How to Sell Luxury Goods to a Pawn Shop for Top Dollar
Do you have one or more valuable items such as jewelry, gold pieces, luxury watches, antiques, or electronics for which you are seeking cash? The good news is that in today’s world, high-end pawn shops are offering cash on the spot for the right items. We hope the following tips will help you win by selling precious items to pawnshops around the country.
- Small yet valuable items are the key. Most pawn shops are looking for things like rare pieces in the form of jewelry, diamonds, and gold coins. Additionally, luxury watches made by Rolex can gain top dollar. Many people have thought by unloading a valuable piece of furniture will result in large amounts of cash; however, most pawnbrokers aren’t able to accommodate them. It is probably best to reach out to brokers that specialize in antique furniture in such a case.
- Research is vital. You can’t expect to walk into a pawnshop to sell gold jewelry, luxury watches, or other items without knowing their history. For instance, say your grandmother left you a beautiful diamond ring. It is in your best interest to research where the ring came from, how pure the gold is, and what is the clarity of the diamond. Researching a piece of jewelry’s history is not only helpful in justifying how much cash you want to gain from its sale; it can also be an interesting adventure.
- Connect with the right broker. There are many pawn brokers out there, thus you don’t have to settle for second best. Shop around until you find the right deal and feel comfortable with who you are dealing with. Never feel as though you are being forced into a deal, and never be afraid to walk away.
If you are a fan of Pawn Stars, you are probably already aware of the fact that pawnshop owners are just people. By creating a long-lasting relationship with a pawn dealer that has your best interest at heart, you can gain an avenue for garnering instant cash. Also, if you want to buy gold, jewelry or other items, an honest pawnbroker can help you find the item of your dreams at an amazing price.
Posted in Pawn Shop
at July 3rd, 2012. No Comments
In today’s world, you may be quite amazed at what you can discover in a high-end pawn shop. As revealed by the ever and so popular show Pawn Stars, people throughout the United States and beyond are seeking to gain large amounts of cash for all sorts of rare and valuable items. This creates numerous buying opportunities for luxury item seekers!
When an item is sold to a pawnshop or made available after an individual has pawned it (received a loan for) an item and failed to repay the debt, a pawnbroker has the opportunity to sell it to a reseller or make it available for purchase in his/her pawnshop.
The following is a snapshot at what you may be able to find at a high-end nearby pawn dealer
- Rolex Watches – You have the power to find genuine pre-owned Rolex watches that are in near perfect condition. Because of the current demand for precious metals, many people sell Rolex at top dollar, which then makes amazingly beautiful and valuable watches available at affordable prices. Long-time Rolex collectors understand that making a Rolex purchase is much like buying a car, the minute one walks out of the shop the watch’s value drops instantly. However, when they buy a genuine used Rolex, its value has the ability to increase and the investment truly pays off.
- Designer Jewelry – Pawnbrokers are also offering top dollar for valuable designer gold, silver, and platinum jewelry. This is great news if you are searching for a wedding ring, an impressive bracelet, or a pair of beautiful diamond earrings for a gift. Consumers are learning quickly that they can find pre-owned jewelry that looks as good as new, rather than paying excessive amounts for brand new items.
- Estate Pieces – Pawn shops also make beautiful estate pieces available, such as mirrors, chandeliers, rugs and rare art. Due to the economy and the rapid rate of foreclosures, estate pieces can be found at amazing prices.
- Cars – Some high-end pawn shops even sell rare cars. If you are a car collector, you may be surprised that you can find the one of your dreams at a pawnshop that specializes in them.
The secret to finding the item you are searching for is to search the Web and make a few calls. Also, make sure you don’t make hasty decisions when buying. Do your homework and demand that the dealer prove the item’s authenticity. It is also a good idea to check out a pawnbroker’s ratings online.
Go out and have a blast at a pawnshop near you…you are sure to have an adventure!
Posted in Pawn Shop
at June 6th, 2012. No Comments
Have you ever heard the term “auto pawns” and wondered what the process is all about? The concept is quite simple when broken down. Basically, if you own a car outright, you can borrow against its equity for a short-term loan.
For example, in the case that your car is worth $10,000, you can in theory borrow up to $10,000. You would then agree on terms and conditions that require a monthly payment and include an interest rate. If you fail to make your payments on time or fail to pay you will most likely be subject to fees, a higher interest rates, and chance losing your vehicle.
How Does an Auto Pawn Differ from a Bank/Traditional Loan?
- No credit checks are required and no reporting to credit bureaus – When you apply for a bank loan, your credit is run and granted loans show up on your credit report. Auto pawn, jewelry loans, and gold pawn loans don’t require credit checks. This is extremely helpful for those who have undergone a recent bankruptcy, home foreclosure or have a low credit rating.
- The car is used as collateral – Traditional loans are based on faith that you will pay the loan back. On the other hand, when you participate in a pawn loan, the item pawned is used as collateral. If for some reason you default on the loan, you will lose the object you choose to pawn.
- Auto pawn loans are usually granted instantly – Once you are approved for the loan, you can usually expect cash on the spot. They are great for emergencies. Some traditional loans can take quite some time to get approved.
If you are in a tough spot financially, you may want to consider an auto pawn. For approval, you must share proof that you own your car outright, have auto insurance and be able to make monthly payments. The sooner you pay off the loan the better, as interest quickly accumulates. Make sure you think carefully about your decision and find a pawn shop Huntington Beach that you trust.
We wish you luck as you find a deal that works best for your future!
Posted in Pawn Shop
at November 1st, 2011. No Comments
Are you having a hard time making rent this month and need a short-term loan? It can be quite difficult to get a bank loan in today’s economy, especially if you have a low credit score or recent bankruptcy. Whatever you do, don’t lose hope as you navigate through your financial woes.
To make ends meet you may want to take on a second job, look for a more lucrative career, or consider taking pawn loans. This popular, non-traditional loan will see you use a possession as collateral in an effort to gain instant cash when financially strained.
Common Items Pawned
- Jewelry. One can easily pawn gold and other precious metals such as silver and platinum in today’s economy.
- Diamonds. Pawn diamonds for top dollar at high-end pawn shops.
- Watches. Top quality watches such as Rolex, Tag Heuer, and other prestigious brands are ideal for gaining much needed cash.
- Estate pieces, antiques, and art. Rare family heirlooms can be quite valuable. When pawning, it is important to fully research their worth to gain the most equitable loan.
- Electronics. Items such as flat panel TVs, computers, iPads, and iPhones can provide some cash. They aren’t as valuable as precious metals or diamonds, but they can help make ends meet.
- Cars. An auto pawn can help you raise a substantial amount of cash. To obtain one, you must own the car outright and be able to provide proof of ownership.
The Definition of a Pawn Loan
A pawn loan allows for you to gain cash while using a valuable item as collateral. Unlike a traditional loan in which a lending institution decides to grant a loan based on faith and one’s credit score, if one cannot repay a pawn loan, the item becomes the property of the pawnbroker. Each month you are required to make a minimum payment by a specific day. In the case that a payment isn’t met, fees and increased interest rates are applied to the loan. The sooner you pay off the loan, the less interest you will pay.
If you have found yourself short on cash for rent, this may be a perfect option for you and your family. It is important to find a lender that you trust and know exactly to what terms you are agreeing.
Find a highly regarded pawnshop Orange County as you work through your financial struggles. It may truly help you find your footing!
Posted in Loan Options
at November 1st, 2011. No Comments
We specialize in quick cash jewelry loans
We are surf city’s favorite pawnshop on Goldenwest making immediate cash loans on gold, coins, jewelry, diamonds, estate jewelry, art, and silver. Unlike the typical pawn shop store, we don’t deal in tools, musical instruments or old outdated electronics. Instead, at Pawn Shop Huntington Beach, you will find a clean well lit environment similar to a jewelry store. Our typical jewelry loans average $2,500 to $5,000 and are based on the actual cash value of the merchandise. But please don’t let our jewelry loan amounts scare you—it simply shows we want to make higher dollar loans. So if you are in need of a quick short-term cash loan and have never been inside a pawn shop store before, allow us to show you how simple the process is.
It’s as easy as 1, 2 , 3
We loan instant cash on almost any item of gold or silver including but not limited to: gold loans, jewelry loans, watch loans, diamonds loans, even gold coin loans or gold bullion loans. Upon a careful but quick appraisal evaluation a loan amount will be determined and you will have a cash loan funded in minutes. Your jewelry is used as collateral for the loan so you don’t need good credit to be approved.
Our jewelry pawn loans are only based on the actual cash value of your item. At Pawn Shop Huntington Beach, we have a careful evaluation process to ensure that you are receiving the maximum cash value of your merchandise.
Any valid California or state ID is acceptable.
Posted in Loan Options
at January 29th, 2011. Comments Off on Pawn Shops & Loans